Sunday, May 24, 2009

How many people can fit into a taxi?

HA HA, okay so we just got back from church in Macono and we ate at the presidents home, which was so nice and it had a flush toilet and good food and best of all, Chocolette cake!! But on our way home we had to find a taxi to go back to Lugazie. We have 20 of us so we all climb into this taxi. So there was 20 Mzugues and 2 Africans all in this taxi for about a 30 min drive. It was funny.
Anyways, this weekends has been an interesting one. I have been sick almost all week. I was in bed throwing up for monday and tuesday and then slowely walked around for the rest of the week. It was weird because it hit about 8 or so people and more people got sick throughout the week. But we are all better now.
Yesterday was the funnest day for me so far. On Friday night, about 10 of us went to Jinja and stayed the night at the lodge by the nile for free. It was amazing because they had toilets and showers!! I haven't taken a real shower sense I have been here because our water still doesn't work and all we have is a well, so we ware our bathing suits and shower together!! Anyways, So I stayed the night there when we woke up, we had some breakfast and then, that is when the fun stuff started happening. I went Bunji Jumping into the NILE RIVER and the after, Rafting in it. I was kind of scared to bunji jump. But I went up there with some people and then I went first. The people tied my feet together and pointed to a building where people were filming me and said to act like I was going to dive for them. So that is what I did. I got my count down and then leaped and the next thing I know, I was hanging above the water and I that is when I got scared. I was shaking. But it was so much fun. Just that feeling of free falling. :) WOW thats all I can say to discribe it!! Then, I went River Rafting on the nile. Now that was crazy. I got so burnt and had so much fun. Our instructor or guid was so funny. My raft only tipped over 1 time and it was on a grade 3 rapid. But I think that our guid made us tip. I swear that I was under the water for at least 30 seconds but really, it was probably only 10 seconds at the most. We went on about 3 or 4 grade 5 rapids and then the rest were only about 2 and 3. But they had some good food. They gave us a sandwitch and they had CHEESE. I haven't seen cheese for the longest time, well it seams that way at least.
But that was my weekend. It was full of adventure and memories. I miss American food so much. All we eat here is MAtoque and chapotte and potatoes, rice, beans, and other starches. No meat or suger. When we go to Jinja, it is a little more developed and we found a place there called Flavours and they serve Hambergers and stuff so we go there whenever we can. But as far as the projects that we are doing here, they are slowely getting started.We are still meeting with people and geting some things planned. I am hoping that this next week will pick up a little more so I can feel like I am making a little more of a difference and Helping people more. I feel like Help International is a really good organization and that we have a lot of things that we can offer to the people of Lugazie. All the people here are so excited and grateful for our help and we haven't even really started to many projects yet. The Adobe Stoves and going great though. We have built so many already and the people are so grateful. I have only helped with one of those so far though. Well, I know there are so many more exciting things that I have not said but there will still be so much more and I can't wait to share them!! Welaba (BYE)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tifa "lil" Niece. I'm so proud of you. I am into diversity so much, I wish I could have gone too. I would love to learn about the Country. I would be interested in why they like Obama so much! Of course I don't share much about my political views, but I love Obama too...I voted for him! It's funny because the black friends of mine always say how white people want to touch their skin and feel their hair. It seems the same for the reverse there. Just curiosity! Alot of black people think it's being prejudice. Interesting how every thing is up to one's perception of how things are said or done! Sounds like you are having an experience of a life time. I'm very proud of you. I love reading all about it so keep it up!
    I love you take care...your Aunt Des xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is AMAZING! it sounds like you are having so much fun! I'm way jealous but so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete